So you have heard about the benefits of infrared saunas then you decided to buy one. After doing a little research, you realized there are different kinds of infrared saunas apart from the generic traditional sauna namely, Near and Far Infrared Sauna. Now, you’re somewhat confused about which to get. This infrared sauna review will help you have a grasp of both near infrared and far infrared saunas and their different benefits.
What is an Infrared Sauna?
An Infrared Sauna is a sauna that uses infrared light to heat the body in an enclosed cabin or room. The infrared heat could either be of high or low electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) depending on the sauna type. Infrared light is the invisible light which is part of the sun’s spectrum such as ultraviolet light (UV). An infrared sauna can operate at a lower temperature (usually between 120˚F and 140˚F) than a generic traditional sauna, which is typically between 150˚F and 180˚F. You might want to check out our collection of best infrared saunas right away for your perusal.
Highlighted are benefits of an infrared sauna also provided by traditional sauna includes:
- Stress relief
- Weight Loss
- Better sleep
- Better Metabolism
- Relief from sore muscles
- Improved and clearer skin
- Improved circulation
- Relief from joint pains e.g. arthritis
- Prevent diseases e.g. cancer.
What is a Near Infrared (NIR) Sauna?
Near infrared sauna emit very low levels of electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) and it basically combine heat therapy together with light therapy. When in use, it allows for the air to stay cooler while heating the body because of the spectrum of light it operates which is close to the visible spectrum.
Benefits of Near Infrared Sauna
- Detoxification: Near infrared Sauna helps get rid of skin issues and other body pain. This process of detoxification produces results and is less revolting than what you’d get with a far infrared sauna.
- Weight Loss: Near infrared sauna helps to raise body temperature thereby burning calories especially by sweating.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Series of sessions in a NIR will help rejuvenate the skin and improve the topical surface of the skin. It also aid the glowing of the skin.
- Deeper Penetration: NIR heat energy penetrates deeper into the body and thus has a greater effect in the body. Research have shown that the light may get as deep as 9 inches into the body.
- Electromagnetically Safer: Due to the low level of EMFs being emitted through infrared light, NIR tend to emit a kind of heat that is similar to natural sunlight. The body absorbs natural sunlight in order to get vitamin D with nourishes the skin. Also, the spectrum of light emitted by near infrared saunas stimulate the organs of elimination in the body such as the kidney, liver, large intestine and adrenal glands. Far infrared sauna emit higher EMFs that are harmful to the body.
- Low Power Consumption: Near infrared saunas tend to consume lesser electricity compared to a far infrared sauna because it operates at a much lower temperature.
What is a Far Infrared (FIR) Sauna?
A far infrared sauna emit light heat in the far infrared range. The kind of light it emits is of a higher level of electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) which might pose to be harmful if abused. The heat generated in the far infrared spectrum doesn’t penetrate the body as well as that of the near infrared spectrum.
Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna
- Detoxification: Though both near infrared sauna and far infrared sauna help to detoxify the body, the far infrared sauna can detoxify the body much faster up to 7 times more effectively than a near infrared sauna. The will cause the body to sweat quickly and produce toxins to induce fat based sweats and burn calories.
- Better Relaxation: Relaxation is one of the major benefits of using an infrared sauna. A far infrared sauna particularly helps promote relaxation by balancing the cortisol level of the body. Cortisol is an important hormone that regulates body stress.
- Weight Loss: Far infrared saunas helps to raise body temperature and burn more calories easily and much faster than a near infrared sauna unit.
- Better Circulation: Far infrared sauna heating procedures penetrates deeply and greatly stimulates blood circulation, reduce inflammation and pain, and enhance muscle recovery.
Our concluding remarks aims to assure you that both the near and far infrared sauna types are safe to use. Consumption of any will largely depend how, where and what it is to be used for. Research have shown that there are no know dangers associated with the usage of any type of infrared sauna. Therefore, this statement can be buttressed with this infrared sauna review.
Here are tips on getting the best results from your near and far infrared sauna usage.