How about we helping you decide which is the Best Infrared Sauna Blanket you can buy? Sounds great right? Just read on and consider our recommendations.
What is a Sauna Blanket?
A sauna blanket as implied is a thermal body wrap that emits far-infrared rays. Far infrared rays are the same rays that are obtained from the sun minus the Ultra Violet Radiation. It goes directly into the skin and warms the body up. The body wrap is very similar to a blanket, hence the name. The infrared rays which are emitted give a lot of benefits which include detoxification, proper blood circulation, weight loss, improved overall health, better skin, better sleep and improved metabolism.
These blankets detoxify the body of various unwanted and toxic compounds. Through the use of a sauna blanket, you are able to enjoy the features of an infrared sauna while enjoying mobility. They are also quite cheaper than the good old sauna houses. If you doubt the effectiveness of these sauna blankets and wonder if they really work. Here is what you need to know about portable sauna blankets.
If you have decided to buy a sauna blanket and you are having troubles picking one out, this comprehensive guide is sure to help you. We have provided you with a curated list comprising 6 of the best far infrared sauna ray blankets available on the market. Each item present on this list is sure to give you a great sauna experience.
Benefits of Using Sauna Blankets
- Boost immune system: strengthens the body’s ability to fight bacteria, infections, and viruses. It also promotes healing.
- Improves health: Sauna blankets help improve the circulation of blood through your body. It also reduces the risk of getting cardiovascular issues.
- Calorie burning: The sweating helps to burn up to 500 calories if you use your blanket for up to 35 minutes.
- Weight loss: Studies have shown that regular and frequent use of these sauna blankets aid weight-loss. This is because it improves metabolism. It also reduces cellulite.
- Detoxify: Eliminates the body of heavy and dangerous metals as well as toxins.
- Fights sinuses infection: Unblocks nasal passages while helping oxygenate tissues.
- Anti-aging: Frequent sauna us is great for blemishes, and wrinkles. It gives you young and fresh skin. it helps with issues such as sore muscles and joints, arthritis and back issues. Lastly, it relieves chronic fatigue.
- Fights diseases: A sauna blanket can help battle high blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis.
Sauna Blanket vs. Traditional Sauna
Here are some of the great benefits a sauna blanket has over the traditional generic sauna that is worth mentioning:
- Affordable – Sauna house sessions are usually not affordable to pay for. If you choose to buy a proper sauna, it is even more expensive. A sauna blanket is personal and even more affordable to own.
- Convenient – As it is personally owned, it is very convenient to make use of. You can use it at any time that suits you. Most can be used in different positions.
- Emits Far Infrared Rays – Far infrared rays are the same rays that are obtained from the sun minus the UV radiation. It goes directly into the skin and warms the body up. The rays are safe and healthy for the body.
- Adjustable heat – If you find traditional saunas too hot, this is for you. You can set the temperature to a level that suits you.
- Personal – A sauna blanket is affordable enough to be for personal use. If you do not like the idea of making use of traditional saunas used by numerous people, you can get a sauna blanket for your personal use without having to share. Or you could as well get a similar kind of these sauna blankets which are the portable infrared saunas.
What to Consider Before Choosing a Sauna Blanket
Before purchasing a sauna blanket, there are some things you need to consider in order to make the best choice. They are as follows:
- Performance: Sauna blankets give out 4-14um of far-infrared radiation. This level of infrared radiation is safe as it mirrors the cell frequency in the human body. Whatever sauna you choose must not be lower than nor exceed these levels.
- Temperature adjustment: Your sauna must offer you the choice of selecting your preferred temperature. This is because choices differ and different people will have different temperatures that fit them. You do not want to be stuck with one option.
- Heating Zones; heating zones are the areas of heat flow-out. The minimum any sauna blanket should have is two. Better blankets have up to three. You can comfortably use a blanket with two heating zones, but anything less than that is not worth it. This way you can increase the heat at a particular section to concentrate the rays.
- Material: Your blanket should be made of materials that are strong, durable, and soft. Remember that the blanket goes on your skin and a coarse one will defeat the aim. The blanket should have flexible heat wires. A lot of infrared blankets are made with waterproof PVC on the inside and top-grade PU material on the outside. PVC stands for polyvinyl while PU stands for polyurethane.
- Affordability: Sauna blankets are designed to be more affordable than traditional saunas. Your sauna must be affordable enough to be owned by one person with a not-so-large budget. A personal sauna that steps far out of this price range should not be considered.
Now that we know what to look out for before choosing a personal sauna for use, let’s head on to our recommended lists:
Review of the Top 6 Best Infrared Sauna Blankets in 2020
1. TTLIFE Digital FIR Heat Sauna Blanket with 2 Zone Controller for Thin Body, Weight Loss and Home Beauty
- Safety checks.
- Quick detoxification.
Within just ten minutes of usage, TTLIFE infrared sauna blanket detoxifies your body. Its infrared rays which are released by the soft fabric cause natural thermal effects. The blanket is made of soft and waterproof material. It measures 180cm by 80cm (70.8 by 31.5 inches). Using it gives a snug and warm feeling. The 200kg (440.9 pounds) blanket comes with a remote (you will purchase batteries yourself). Through the blankets, up to 9-14um of far-infrared radiation are released. The temperature of this blanket can be adjusted between 35oC and 75oC.
Although the blanket offers detoxification in as little as 10 minutes, you can set a timer for your machine to go off. The blankets hot wires are flexible and can withstand stretching and bending. One great thing about this blanket is its safety precautions. It regulates its heat emission. This means that peradventure you sleep off during your sauna session and your blanket should get over-heated up to 85 degrees Celsius, your blanket’s hot wires will immediately cease to transmit heat, sound an alarm and activate its thermal anomaly protection. It has a two-zone controller at the upper and lower body.
If you seek a personal home spa, the TTlife sauna blanket is sure to meet your beauty needs. It is also beneficial for weight loss and helping you keep your shape especially if you want that thin body of a model.
2. HUKOER Far-Infrared Sauna Blanket with Remote Control for Weight Loss, Body Fitness, Anti Ageing Beauty and Professional Detox Therapy
- Controlled heating.
- Safety checks.
Huoker infrared blanket is another great blanket I would recommend. Its infrared rays penetrate, refract, radiate, and promptly detoxify. This blanket is made of PU and PVC material. The PU material is used for the outside while the inside is made up of waterproof PVC. The makers took great care to check its heating. This is evident in the fact that during use, the main blanket will be hot but its edges will not be. The temperature can be adjusted between 35oC and 75oC. It also features the heat-check system which alerts you if your sauna blankets temperature is above normal.
You are advised not to use the blanket fold as it can result in serious overheating. The sauna can be timed between 15-60 minutes. The blankets heat zones are at the upper and lower. The blanket has a one year warranty. HUKOER far infrared sauna blanket is also durable as its hot wires that endure bending. However, during use, the blanket should not be bent.
3. Uttiny 2 Zone Digital FIR Heat Therapy Blanket for Body Shape Slimming Fitness
- Safety checks.
- Adjustable temperature.
The Uttiny Sauna Blanket is perfect for detoxification and lipolysis. You can count on your sessions to remove unwanted fat around your body. It also gets rid of toxins in the body. The blanket is made of quality material. The durability of the material is a nice feature as you are assured of having your blanket last long. The features of the heating wire complement its durability. They are flexible and can be pulled in various directions. It has two heat zones which can be set with different temperatures to achieve your aims in different sections of your body.
If your sauna blanket gets too hot, the heat wires automatically disconnect to ensure safety at all times. The blanket emits 9~16μm infrared rays. It can be plugged into any 110 volts outlet. The outside of the blanket is made of quality and soft PVC material while the inside is made of waterproof PV material. The far infrared blanket is soft and comfortable to use. The temperature of the blanket is also adjustable. This means you can set it at whatever level suits you with the remote controller provided. It measures 18.3 x 17 x 13.4 inches and weighs 13.4 pounds.
4. Pettyios Far Infrared 2 Zone Waterproof Oxford Fabric Detoxification Sauna Blanket with Safety Switch (Silver)
- Safety checks.
- Detoxification timer.
Similar to the other Pettyios blanket on our list, this blanket can be counted on for great quality. It emits 9-14um of far-infrared radiation. Its wires are flexible and can withstand bending and folding. However, it is important to note that the blanket should not be folded when in use. Also, it is not safe to fold immediately after use. It is much wiser to let it cool down before folding it to store. The blanket measures 70.86 x 31.49 inches and weighs 15.43 pounds. Its temperature can be adjusted between 35 to 75 degrees Celsius. Its timer can be set between 15 to 60 minutes. As expected, it has safety measures. Once the temperature levels reach 85 degrees Celsius, the machine automatically sounds an alarm and stops heat transmission.
As is seen in the other Pettyios model, this sauna blanket is made of durable PVS and PV materials. The internal side is made of waterproof PV material. The PVS material is used on the outside as it has a soft and comfortable to wrap one’s self in. It can be connected to any 110 volts outlet. It has both a remote control and a power box to allow you to operate it comfortably. It makes use of two-zone heating.
5. Pettyios Far Infrared 2 Zone Waterproof Detoxification Sauna Blanket with Safety Switch (Purple)
- Two heat zones.
- Adjustable temperature.
Pettyios Far Infrared Sauna Blanket emits up to 9-14um of far-infrared radiation. This is close to the same frequency of cells in the human body. It has a feature that allows you to create different time sessions. You can choose to time your sessions between 15 to 60 minutes. In essence, you can completely rid your body of toxins within 15 minutes. If you make use of the sauna or longer periods and frequently, you will be able to derive extended great effects. You can adjust the temperature between 35oC and 75oC. This allows you to set the temperature at a level that is convenient for you.
It has a safety feature which automatically disconnects power when the temperature gets over the recommended level. This helps to prevent over-heating as well as burning incidents. This sauna blanket is made of durable PVS and PV materials. The internal side is made of waterproof PV material. The PVs material is used on the outside as it has a soft and comfortable to wrap one’s self in. It can be connected to any 110 volts outlet. It has an attractive purple coloring as well.
The Pettyios Sauna blanket can be counted on to detoxify your body comfortably. It is great tool to support your home body slimming fitness sessions.
6. Gizmo Supply 3 Zone Digital FIR Heat Sauna Blanket
- Three independent heating zones.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Soft and flexible tensile capabilities.
Gizmo infrared blanket is one of the most popular sauna blankets and is our top choice. It has a lot of great features which make it a must-have. The blanket is waterproof which gives a hint of its durability. The inside of the blanket that is made of PVC material which is waterproof. The outside is made of quality PU material. It is made of a soft material that makes it very comfortable and even addictive to use. On the bright side, it is a healthy addiction. Its heating temperatures can be stretched or pulled into various positions without getting damaged.
The temperature of the sauna is adjustable in order to provide comfort. The temperature can be adjusted between 30oC and 85oC. In addition, there are three independent heating zones. This means that infrared heat is concentrated on three different spots which are the upper, middle, and the lower parts of the body. The blanket is wide enough as it measures 170cm by 83 cm (66 inches by 32 inches/5.5ft by 2.7ft). It can be connected to your 110 volts outlets. The controls of this blanket are very easy to use and understand. It can be set up it no time as well.
How to Care for a Sauna Blanket
Here are some care tips to keep your sauna blanket in good shape at all times.
- Do not use them folded.
- Allow the blanket to cool down before folding.
- Fold and store after use.
- Store in clean, dry, and humid locations that are not exposed to direct sunlight.
- For cleaning, use a damp cloth and spread to dry.
- Most saunas are compatible with 110 volts outlets. Do not plug in your sauna to an outlet that cannot power your blanket correctly. Too low or too high currents might damage it.
Sauna blankets are great for you. Apart from the numerous health benefits, they are also a very affordable way to simply unwind in the comfort of your own house. Pick out a sauna blanket today to enjoy the numerous health benefits available.